Recently, the following question was ask about cottage decorating:
I've recently repainted my living room. I've a piano and fireplace (with a mirror above it) in that room. I've live plants and one artificial tree. I need to store books in the room, especially music ones. I really want to use cottage style in this roomSpace for something, or to carry out an activity. [from 10th c.] ^syn.^ transl; Opportunity or possibility to do something. [from 15th c.]; Reason, cause or opportunity (to do something). [from 9th c.]; A specific area of space. [from 11th c.]; A space between the timbers of a ship's frame. ...en.wiktionary.org/wiki/room –. Any ideas?
Cottage is so my fave! Here are some ideas to use with the “bones”. You've to work with:
* Candles are a cottage staple. I think a collection of either silver or clear glass candle holders would look good on one of your piano. You could cover some of your music books in white butcher paper and stack them to use as lifts for that candlescape.
* With all your plants, mini lights would add that cottage cozy light look. If you can put some of those in front of your mirror. Any mirror, you’d increase their impact. Maybe stand a mirror inside your fireplace when not in use –. Against the back wall of it. Have plants with minilights fill in the opening. Cover all your pots so they match –. Maybe in the same fabric you could make pillows out of.
* Matching lace tableclothes draped over your current drapes –. Not completely covering them –. Just so they've that layered look would add a cottage fabric touch.
* If you cover more of your music books in the same paper, you could stack them on the side of your sofa as an impromptu table. I'd use a tray –. Either silver or clear glass (depending on which you pick for candlesticks) on top of the last book.
* You can make tables –. Accent, end and coffee tables –. Out of so many things –. Try a sled as a coffee table –. A partially closed old wooden ironing board. Stand crates on their sides. Store some of your books inside. I took pieces of 12×12 ceramic floor tile and glued one to each of several small plant stands to make tables.
I love even THINKING about cottage style!